Help! I’ve lost my motivation and I can’t seem to find it anywhere! If you or a loved one are suffering from misplaced motivation and can’t seem to find it back, don’t worry, it happens to the best of us! For more information on common motivation hiding places, call 1-800….. Haha totally kidding!
Well, somewhat. Although this is not a spin-off Life Alert commercial, misplaced motivation is a very real issue that affects every single one of us! I know it’s been affecting me somethin’ terrible these past couple weeks (I blame Mother Nature).
When faced with the choice to either get up early and trek through the snow and ice and freezing cold temperatures to get to the gym or stay in my warm bed and grab a couple more zzz’s, it is almost always a no-brainer for me.
But, wait! I gotta go! If I don’t go today, I will talk myself out of it tomorrow and before I know it, it will be a week since I last put on my running shoes. I just can’t let that happen. I have worked so hard to get where I’m at and I can’t fall off the wagon now!
There’s just one problem with all of this. I know what I need to do, where I need to go, how long I need to be there, but I simply have zero motivation to do so. And that, folks, is our problem.
I have hit that point in my new “lifestyle” where I am bored, tired, and just plain cold. So, naturally, I start to lose the motivation I once had to keep all of my clean eating and gym-going habits up.
So, the next question is, what in the world am I gonna do about it? I can’t just sit back and watch myself undo everything I worked so hard for. But, I’m also having trouble pushing through this rut and moving forward.
I think it is time for me to go back to the basics! It is time to get a little uncomfortable again, my friends.
To start, I have to go all the way back to the very beginning and remember why I opted for a healthier lifestyle change in the first place.
- I wanted to get in shape, lose weight, and tone my body.
- I wanted to develop healthy eating habits that will not only benefit me in the present but will also benefit me in the future.
- I wanted to be happier in my own skin: less stress and less negativity.
Alright, yeah. I’m starting to remember now! Now what? Oh yeah, let’s take a look at that beautiful progress we’ve made so far!
- I can run 6 miles in an hour without stopping, I’ve lost almost 40 pounds since September, and the inches are fallin’ off one by one!
- I don’t need a list anymore to keep myself from buying junk food, I am constantly looking at all nutrition labels and actually understanding all the numbers and strange words, and it has become almost second nature for me to reach for a handful of blueberries instead of a bag of Doritos.
- I am sleeping a lot better at night, I have a clearer mind (most days), and I no longer talk bad about myself when I look in the mirror.
Y’all, that is PROGRESS right there! Gosh, that motivated me just typing it out. I feel good! Sometimes my mind is clouded by thoughts of being stuck or how far left I still have to go, that I often forget about
how far I have come and how much I have accomplished so far. And y’all, let me tell you… That. Is. So. Important. So the last puzzle piece needed to bring back that misplaced motivation is a slightly modified new plan that will push me to keep moving forward, and you know what that means: GOALS!
- Be able to run 6 miles in 55 minutes without stopping (using faster speeds in different intervals).
- Lose the next 5 pounds by getting back to my clean-eating and sticking to it!
- Find new healthy snacks at the store so I can change it up and not be as bored with the same ol’ same ol’.
- Start a bullet journal to keep track of my lifestyle habits and to declutter my mind.
Alright, I think I’m ready to take on this newfound motivation! I will admit, it was very lost there for a little bit, but as long as I have the right tools, a steady mindset, and some good ol’ goals, I’m confident that I will ALWAYS find my motivation back, just in time for the next go round! Let’s do this!
If you want to find your motivation, schedule a free mini-session!